How many tantra's are in Tirumantiram?
29/07/2021 2:42 pmTopic starter
The Tirumantiram is divided into nine chapters, 9 tantras (tantrums);
- Philosophical views and divine experience, impermanency of the physical body, love, education, etc.
- Shiva’s glory, His divine acts, classification of souls, etc.
- Yoga practices according to the eight-angled way of Patanjali. Also refers to Vaasi Yoga
- Mantra, tantra, etc.
- Various branches of Saiva religion; the four elements of Shaiva Siddhanta.
- Shiva as guru bestowing grace and the devotee’s responsibility.
- Shiva linga, Shiva worship, self-control.
- The stages of soul experience.
- Panchadsara manthiram, Shiva’s dance, the state of samadhi, etc.